Valentines Day – 10 Ways to Get in the Mood
If you’re here for the Valentines Day Gift Hop – and your chance to win big prizes –
Here are a few romantic things to inspire you.
- Candy and flowers. Maybe something equally sweet for him. Does he like pretzels and beer? And those little candy hearts with romantic sayings are always de rigueur.
- Dinner together. A fancy restaurant would be nice, but sometimes a lush burger is exactly what you both want. Throw in a fun dining atmosphere and you have a dinner date worth having.
- A picnic in the park. Or, if you’re living in a snowy place, the park might be a little chilly, so why not spread your picnic blanket on the living room floor? Maybe you could build a “fort” out of blankets as well. Be kids for a day! How much fun is that?
- Read a sexy book together. I recommend Journey’s Valentine (of course).
- Take a long walk together. Not every place is snowy. If you live in a place where the snow never fell or has melted away, enjoy a little bit of deep breathing outdoors.
- Light a fire in the fireplace. Or, if you’re like my husband and I, we “light a fire” on our TV with a fireplace DVD. It’s complete with sound, so the pop and crackle of a real log warms up the romance, even if not the room.
- Dance. You probably both like some music in common, so play your favorite songs and take a turn around the kitchen together. Dancing is an intimate thing.
- Play footsie under the table, or on the couch together.
- Cuddle. A good cuddle leads to other things.
Just a few ideas on how to get the romance ball rolling and sparkling. I hope your day and night are full of romance, laughter, and love.
Happy Valentines Day!