Characters, Ace-High Flush
Gabriella Appleby and Ace Journey, from Ace-High Flush, Spanking Her Highness, and Journey’s End
Copyright @2010-2015 Patricia Green
Full name: Gabriella Cristabel Appleby
- Age: 20
- Height: 5’7″
- Weight: 130
- Hair color: Chestnut brown
- Eye color: Brown
- Education: High school
- Occupation: Large-size model
- Geography: Gabby lives in New Jersey and works primarily in New York.
- Economics: Gabriella’s mother struggled with money and they had to live in New Jersey, but Gabriella now makes just enough to support them both. Her grandparents were lower middle class blue-collar workers.
- Family members: Mother: Anita Appleby; and she has a cat: Mr Sonny. Gabby has no siblings. Her patron saint is Homobonus (tailors, cloth workers).
- Family History: Gabby’s father deserted her mother right after she became pregnant, and Gabby has had no relationship with him. Anita never married. Her mother worked as a secretary until Gabriella was about 12, then became disabled mostly due to fibromyalgia and depression–now mother is actually disabled (type 2 diabetes, obese, heart issues, depression). Gabby’s grandparents were solid citizens in the garment industry in NY–lived in New Jersey–they are now retired (they wrote off Gabby’s mother when she took up with “that man” and had a child out of wedlock, but they remain in contact with Gabby (so they don’t punish their grandchild when it’s really the mother they want to disown).
- Strengths: Gabby is a good model, but not superior; sings well and dances well. She’s trained Mr Sonny to do a large variety of tricks.
- Quirks, idiosyncracies and foibles: She sometimes tells lies (truth is somewhat fluid for her) and she can’t go out of the house without some makeup on (you never know who’ll see you).
- Likes and dislikes: She likes lemon meringe pie; romance novels; Dancing With The Stars; ballet; nice clothes; loves her mother; and loves her cat. Gabby’s dislikes include: men who only want sex (which is most of the ones she encounters); her mother, sometimes; and people who condescend to her thinking that because she’s a model she’s stupid.
- Goal in this story: At first, Gabby just wants to help her mother, but she also wants to further her career, not because she likes it so much but because if she sticks with it, it can be lucrative and she needs it for her mother. She’s harbored a secret desire for Ace, though, and her heart tells her she’d like to be with him.
Full name: Ace Steven Journey
- Age: 38
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 190
- Hair color: Brown w/dark blond highlights from sun.
- Eye color: Milk-chocolate brown with yellow flecks.
- Education: College graduate. BS Animal Science, minor Rangeland Ecology and Management, Texas A&M.
- Occupation: Rancher and entrepreneur.
- Geography: Grew up and lives in Texas. This story takes place primarily in New Jersey and New York, however.
- Economics: Ace’s family is old money but not exactly rich, all with work ethic, no laggards. He makes a very good living in cattle and horsebreeding, and is generous but not foolish with his money. Ace owns a part share in Boot Camp Enterprises, LLC.
- Family members: Ace is the oldest of the Journey siblings. Father Leo Journey; mother Cassie Journey; siblings Deuce (-3 yrs), Queenie (-6 yrs), (Trey -8 yrs), Jackie (-17 yrs). Also has a dog, Caroline (border collie, 4 yrs old).
- Family History:Ace’s father owns an inherited ranch in rural Sutton County. Texas. He’s a 3rd generation rancher and Journey’s End is 249.380 acres. Ace grew up on ranch. His mother has been dead for a long time and was a professional gambler (fairly successful). His father is 68 yrs old, still going strong.
- Strengths: Ace is very good with animals and is sharp and intuitive. He can also throw a knife very accurately.
- Quirks, idiosyncracies and foibles: He wears a St. Isidore the Farmer medal around his neck and never takes it off; wears a knife in his boot (carried in his luggage when he travels).
- Likes and dislikes: Ace likes women (including spanking them); playing poker with buddies; working with animals; the intellectual challenge of putting together the Boot Camps; home made ice cream (strawberry); and sweet tea. He dislikes dishonesty; women who demand respect but won’t give it back; lima beans; fancy food; and cheaters.
- Goal in this story: Ace has several goals: (1) wants to vet the bagel business, (2) wants to help the homeless man, (3) wants Gabby for himself.
An excerpt from Ace-High Flush can be found here.