Characters, Strong, Silent Type
Mae Weston and Drake Stillwater, from Strong, Silent Type
Copyright ©2011-2015 Patricia Green
Full name: Mae Beth Weston
- Age: 25
- Height: 5’6″
- Weight: 140
- Hair color: Red
- Eye color: Violet/Blue
- Education: High School (Roop High in Fire Gorge)
- Occupation: Gas station/Convenience store Manager
- Geography: Home is Fire Gorge, Nevada (ficticious)
- Economics: Comes from middle-class background. Father owns several businesses in town.
- Family members: Father–Walter Weston; Mother–Felicia Weston
- Family History: Both parents are alive. Mother is a hypocondriac who can’t leave the house. Father owns the only used car lot in the area (kinda sleazy); family owns gas/convenience store “Gas N Gulp” in Fire Gorge (there is one other, “Top Gas,” in town and the two are bitter rivals). Her parents keep trying to social climb but can’t quite get there. They are somewhat pretentious.
- Strengths: She’s got a strong sense of self, as well as inner strength. She’s talented at knitting socks, geography trivia, cooking for pot lucks.
- Quirks, idiosyncracies and foibles: Mae talks too much, too fast. Occasionally, she’s a little brainless. She also uses a lot of strong sunscreen.
- Likes and dislikes: She enjoyes peach pie, local HS football, the idea of exotic places, fancy fingernails, small town life, being spanked. She dislikes dishonesty, sneakiness, sometimes her father, and arch-enemy Virginia Swet.
- Goal in this story: Mae wants to keep family gas/convenience store going; and she wants to stay out of jail, despite her legal issues. In the back of her mind, there’s an ongoing desire to ultimately find the right guy and start a family.
Full name: Drake Stillwater (no middle name)
- Age: 32
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 190
- Hair color: Black
- Eye color: Black
- Education: College educated, BA Criminal Justice, also training while working for the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA).
- Occupation: Police Chief, Fire Gorge, Nevada.
- Geography: Grew up on Paiute Indian reservation, a short distance away from Fire Gorge. Now lives in Fire Gorge.
- Economics: His family was poor, but not destitute. Currently, he’s got a middle-class income.
- Family members: Brother Buck age 35 (paraplegic, but college grad (accounting), has wife, 3 kids); sister Stormy, age 27; brother Cliff, age 25 (manages father’s construction company); sister Alberta (after father Albert), age 18; mother Consuelo (1/2 mexican–not meztiso but Spanish heritage), age 53 (started family at age 18); father Albert Stillwater died 4 years prior, age 51; cousin Lindy Campbell, age 17, thief, general bad girl.
- Family History: Family comes from the Moapa (Paiute) River Indian Reservation, where he grew up poor but well cared for. His father was high-functioning alcoholic (construction company, reservation based). His parents did not go to college. Education was stressed at home. There was stern but loving discipline (including spankings).
- Strengths: He enjoys gardening, is exceedingly patient, and is a good cook. Due to his job, he is good at shooting and knife fighting. Drake has a strong character and stalwart nature.
- Quirks, idiosyncracies and foibles: Drake is taciturn, not forthcoming with personal information or feelings. Inside, he is sentimental but resists it.
- Likes and dislikes: He likes college football, Indian folk tales, Mexican food, home grown veggies, women in lingerie, and spankable female butts.
- Goal in this story: Keep the peace, solve the crime, and teach Mae a lesson when she’s naughty.